We represent foreign companies, specifically headquartered in East Asia, including but not limited to Korea, Japan, and China, before state or federal courts in connection with foreign companies' business disputes with their U.S. counterparts. Our proven experience in international business litigation provides foreign companies with effective strategies for successful results. Further, our attorneys speak Korean, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese and have extensive experience in resolution of business disputes between the individuals and companies located in the U.S. and other East-Asian countries.
We also assist foreign companies with the sale and distribution of their products in the U.S., the protection and licensing of their intellectual property, the formation of a partnership or joint venture with U.S. companies, and the establishment of their U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates.
Here are examples of international matters we have handled:
International Business Litigation
- Represented a foreign exporter in filing admiralty claims against a U.S. importer and common carriers with respect to the foreign company's breach of contract claims.
- Represented a foreign bank in dismissing a U.S. exporter's letter of credit claims against the foreign bank.
- Represented a foreign content licensor with regard to a plaintiff's tort claims against the foreign content licensor arising from its U.S. licensee's unauthorized use of certain intellectual property of the licensor.
- Represented a foreign packaging company with regard to a personal injury case brought by a distributor's employee.
International Business Transactions
- Analyzed potential problems associated with a foreign company licensor's agreement with a U.S. licensee, and advised the foreign company to take proper measures to protect its intellectual property in the U.S.
- Represented a foreign company in its partnership with a U.S. company with regard to its business negotiations with the U.S. company.
- Negotiated and drafted a trademark license agreement between a foreign company licensor and a U.S. licensee.
- Represented a foreign company in establishing a limited liability company with respect to its strategic alliance with a U.S. distributor concerning the foreign company's sale and distribution of its products in the U.S.
- Analyzed foreign companies' current business transactions with a U.S. counterpart and provide alternative business models to better protect the foreign companies' interests and enhance their profitability.